Wednesday, November 4, 2009

That's how I roll

So im scheduled to be induced this Monday the 9th unless my water breaks on it's own before hand (which I seriously doubt it will!) For those who don't know i have been sick for almost a month now...I am rockin' the man voice like nobody's biz!!
I was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago with "flu like" symptoms, i had a temp so my doctor made me go in. I was released and relieved when told i had a severe cold, the ER doc was worried it was pnemonia or "the swine." To be honest its the worst I've felt in my life thus far...I don't get sick very often and being prego on top of it didn't help. Last week my doctor told me I "basically, most likely had the swine flu" and that I can look foward to "feeling like total crap" for the next couple of weeks.
Boy was he right! I've moved on from flu symptoms to sever sinus pressure. I won't bore you but I rely on my Neti pot twice a day with 2 breathing treatments twice a day and an inhaler that helps me breath, all which only give me minimal relief. There's not much anyone can do for me with the nugget still a' growin inside. He feels very big and he's sitting on top of some nerve in my back so Im constantly waddeling like a penguin- (ya know, like Happy Feet??...except id be Miserable Puffy Feet)
With 5 days left to go, im cleaning and preparing to bring home my new nugget. It takes me 10x longer to do something than your average human and my exhaustion brings on anxiety, I hate asking for help. I haven't made anything for Emry and it hearts my heart but Im trying to get over it, I know he'll never know. Im just thankful that my family is healthy (fairly) and I don't have to worry about bringing home a newborn to a house full of germs!!
That's my story this last month, my camera is possessed therefore I got a whopping 1 picture of Halloween, I will post some others hopefully before Monday.
I CANNOT wait to FINALLY meet my new lil' man... Wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

Kristy Treible said...

you poor thing! Seriously...I don't want to keep bugging you, but PLEASE let me know what you need me to do! Love ya! I can't wait to see what this baby looks like and to meet him.

Lyle and Jaime said...

I totally know how you feel! Be thankful that if you were going to get swine, that you got it before he is born. I had swine about 3 weeks ago and now I feel fine but I still have a catch in my throat. it was scary having a 5 week old in my arms while suffering with swine. Anyway, I hope all goes well with the two of you! What an amazing day you will have on Monday!

Great Scott's! said...

Kristen, you are the cutest thing ever, and I am so sorry that you have been so sick :( I just got my "swine" vac today, and feel relieved a little in my heart. But beside the sick thingy, I am super jealous you are coming to the end of your pregnancy, and get to greet the sweet little boy. Even though I am not showing, and technically haven't gain a lb yet, I know it's coming, and I'm already not looking forward to size, waddling, puffy feet, back pain and ect. OK so it's late, who knows what I'm doing venting here, but I'm really excited for you, can't wait to see some pictures of the babe!