Monday, December 15, 2008

A Christmas Miracle...well sort of!

***WARNING***
The following picture you are about to see has not been altered in anyway...
I woke up this morning with no idea that I was to be part of a christmas miracle...in fact I myself would create this christmas miracle. Lo and behold your eyes on this picture...









Saylee let me put her hair in a ponytail for the FIRST TIME in her life!! No crying, no shaking of the head, no ripping out of the hair, just a relaxed little girl getting her hair done! I offically feel like a true mom! I have yet to experience the "doing of your daughters hair"...until today!!


See how much she loves it!!
My little Say has been doing so well, she's growing into a little lady. She wears my bracelets and she'll FINALLY wear her winter cap...


She will say "cheese!" for the camera and hold a pose! (at least for a couple of seconds!) I think she's going to be a model, she's such a natural she even poses in her sleep!



She ALWAYS falls asleep on this bench after therapy!



Here is a pic of my only Christmas cheer, its a nine footer and it's awesome! Thanks Kristy!!





One of my favorite ornaments!

It's my only Christmas cheer because im still working on the house. On my birthday last week I was blessed enough to have Lindsay (she's magic) and Mandi (she's beautiful) come to my house and help me get some stuff up. But first, here are a few projects Ive done all on my lonesome!


I got this mirror for 5 bones! I don't have a before pic but the frame was busted on the right middle side. With a little hot glue, magic putty ( I love that stuff) some ribbon and a flower its now officailly a mirror for Saylee to dance in front of!


I extended the ribbon down the side to hold her bows

Here is a lamp I got from Lindsay and I covered the shade in some fabric I had. I got this table from Mandi for my bday and I love it! Right now its in Saylees room but I hope to find a permanent place for it in the family room.


Okay, here is my biggest wall in my family room. I cant take credit for this, Lindsay and Mandi put it all together. I can take credit for the "H"... It added the final touch!


The pic of the old man on the adjacent wall is none other than Jorth Eugene Schlink III, who is my great grandfather x 8!! He was a prestigous general in the civil war as part of the 131st infaltry who helped defeat our northern enemies in an important battle. Or he's just some old dude I found at the thrift store for 7 dollars! He has a permanent spot in my sewing room with his wife (who is too creepy looking to post) but for now he's a filler on a wall until we can get family pics.









This wall is just getting started, this was black but I painted it gold...why?...'cause....I LOVE GOLD!!


In the kitchen

The family room


My big island in the kitchen
What do ya think??


6 comments:

Colburns said...

Love your decorating, you always do a wonderful job! I can't wait to come see it in person tomorrow night. Saylee looks pretty with her hair in a pony!

Johnson and Co. said...

looks so good!

Taylors said...

Oh, Kristen -- I'm so happy for you with Saylee that I have tears in my eyes. I totally feel you! And your decorating is awesome too -- I'm so jealous of that mirror! :)

Claudia Luckey said...

that's so wonderful... and your house is looking so cute

mandi said...

it looks marvelous! Is it bad that I already want to see more!! I want to be there at your house hanging out with our kids playing and we talk about decorating,or blogging or kids or old times. I wish I was there! You are doing a great job and Saylee is a beautiful girl. I admire all you are doing,you have done a lot in so little time with your house.Your mom is proud of the woman you are and are becoming. I love you to bits and I always have you in my prayers. Keep pushing forward!

Kristy Treible said...

That makes me so happy about Saylee's pony! Thanks for being such a great friend and so easy to talk to. I am so thankful to have you as a friend who understands me so well. I love the tree! It looks like a Tiffany Tree! I can't tell you how freakin jelous I am that Lindsay and Mandi came over and helped you decorate. I hope I am next! Your house is coming together so so cute!