Monday, May 5, 2008

easy like Sunday morning!


Sunday morning we were all eating breakfast before church. Saylee was wandering around moaning and crying because she didn't want to eat what I gave her! So Dustin picked her up and tried to feed her some of his cereal. I laughed because I knew a battle would take place and he would lose and end up with fruity pebbles all over his church shirt! I paid no attention to them and continued to pack the diaper bag. About a minute later Dustin quietly called my name and I turned around to see Saylee quietly opening her mouth and allowing Dustin to feed her cereal. It may sound non-monumental to a majority of parents but for our family this is A VERY BIG DEAL!!! I havent been able to spoon feed Saylee for almost a year! I instantly started to cry and it was then that I realized the Lord answers our prayers and that even little moments like this only add to my absolut conviction that we are on the right path!

4 comments:

Colburns said...

I cried just reading that. See what happens when you do what your suppose to. We love seeing Saylee at church by the way her dress was soooo cute!

Marie said...

Isn't so amazing how the littlest things make the biggest impact? Your kiddies are so cute!

mandi said...

I love this, you are doing so good and this is a huge stride in your little families life. I love reading your posts, this is so uplifting.

Taylors said...

Awesome Kristen! I totally know where you are right now! That is no small deal. We're at the same place with Ari. This week, she fed herself a green bean for the first time -- no one else can see how this is monumental for a 15 month old, but IT IS for us! Go you & go Sailee!