Thursday, May 15, 2008

My mamma mia!

I liked to share a few thoughts on this gorgeous woman...my mom. For those who dont know, she past away in 1993 at the age of 39 from her battle with cancer. As Mothers Day comes and goes each year Im really starting to understand how blessed I was to have her as my mom. She was a shining example of how its possible to take back your life after being beat down with immense adversity. I learn from her still to this day without even knowing it. I only have a handful of vivid memories left of her, and thats really frustrating at times. Oh how I wish that I could call her everyday and ask ridiculous questions about being a mom that only a mom can answer! Even though Ive lived my life longer without her than with her, I know I am a better person and mother because of her and the trials that tested my family. I still have plenty of "motherly" examples to go to. I have an awesome sister who helps me whenever I need her. Shes not so hot on the baby knowledge since her kids are all grown up, but I love her all the same! Then theres Mandi, who I know my mom personally selected in heaven to be my best friend. Throughout our adolensence she is without a doubt the one I go to in need of advice. Shes grown comfortable at telling me what to do, just like a mom! I couldnt ask for a better support group. Mom, I love you




4 comments:

mandi said...

oh there you go and make me cry, it makes me feel so good that we are still close, I value our friendship so much and I hope that we will always be friends. Your mom did an amazing job in the time she had with you.Being a mom is the hardest thing in the world and you do it so well. I hope that we can always have each other to lean on. This blogging thing is so fun and I am so glad you finally put up a new post.

Lindsay Jones said...

Such sweet words. What a blessing to see all the things your mom was able to teach you while she was here. What an even bigger blessing to allow yourself to be taught by her from the other side. To be able to hear those quiet whispers, and know she is with you. I also know how wonderful Mandi is, and I am so happy that you have her to lean on. You are a sweet mother and your kids are so lucky to have you.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sista! I second your thoughts, you know, I feel as you do. It's nice to see you joining the blogging therapy group. Even though I have forgotten a lot about "babies" I am here for you always about anything, at anytime. I see how you are so much like mom in your humor and your wisdom beyond your years. You have her strength and carry with you an ease that makes everyone around you feel loved. Happy Belated Mother's day to you, sister, I love you!

Claudia Luckey said...

I simply can't believe how much you look like your mother.